[erlang-questions] new version of file_monitor.erl - beta testers wanted

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Mon Jan 12 11:55:59 CET 2009

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> One problem I found is that for larger directory trees, the
> automonitor call times out because it takes more than 5 seconds. The
> API could be extended with a 'timeout' argument, I suppose.
>
> Also, the server is blocking until the automonitor call returns,
> meaning it can't be cleanly stopped. The automonitor handler should
> probably use noreply and proceed in the background.

That seems odd to me, since the call should return pretty much
immediately after registering the automonitored root directory.
The recursive monitoring of its subdirectories is then done
in the background. I've never observed any delay in the call.

    /Richard