[erlang-questions] terminating external port program

Howard Yeh hayeah@REDACTED
Sun Jan 11 21:54:40 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Howard Yeh <hayeah@REDACTED> wrote:

> But writing a wrapper isn't a viable approach... that leaves me with
> patching port_info? What's the reason of keeping the process id
> hidden?

Answering my own question, the reason to keep process id hidden
is that a port isn't always a process, or even local. Right?

But why not make it s.t.  erlang:port_close/1 sends a kill signal
when the port wraps a process? I can't figure out a reliable way
to kill spawned port process if it doesn't "terminate properly".