[erlang-questions] Gentoo overlay for erlang related stuff (with leex)

Holger Hoffstaette holger@REDACTED
Thu Jan 8 14:27:54 CET 2009

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:24:13 +0000, Oscar Hellström wrote:

> Have you tried to file bugs for this with the Gentoo project. My
> experience is that it's not that hard to get new ebuilds accepted.

I regularly contribute ebuilds & patches to b.g.o, for example the initial
RabbitMQ ebuild. The problem is the lack of a dedicated maintainer who
must also be a registered Gentoo dev.
Currently even erlang itself is under proxy-maintenance. I help whereever
I can, but the strong coupling of these roles is a huge problem. Overlays
are one solution, but it's necessary to prevent community fragmentation -
hence my post. :)

thanks
Holger