[erlang-questions] Stuck disk_log_server

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Thu Jan 8 14:27:16 CET 2009

Geoff Cant <geoff.cant@REDACTED> writes:

> The following debug session is pretty long.
>
> mats cronqvist <masse@REDACTED> writes:
>
>>   it would be interesting to see a process_info() of those
>>   processes...
>
> From the diagnostic session Andreas and I performed: (in the
> transcript nodenames and file paths have been slightly but
> consistently rewritten to obscure some private network information)

> [pretty long debug session]

> Which appears to be doing something impossible - blocked in the receive
> statement in gen_server:loop/6 with a valid message in its queue.

  it would appear so... could it be live locked? i guess not since it
  didn't use reductions...

> This line of investigation is all we have as the server has now been
> restarted. What other information should we collect if this problem (or
> a similar problem) happens again?

  I think you should re-send this mail to erlang-bugs. Perhaps they
  can think of some extra info to be collected.

  I wonder what would happen if you sent a new message to
  disk_log_server?

  mats