[erlang-questions] Problem with XML validation using xmerl_xsd:validate().

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Fri Jan 2 10:45:37 CET 2009

The string datatype in XML Schema can be zero length. So by default
the text value of an XSD string is optional.

Thus from what I can see of your example, in my gmail, is valid. If
you have valid results from other validating parsers I would assume it
is likely valid.

I tried it with XSV just to see if there was something I overlooked.
passed fine.
Looks like a bug.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen