[erlang-questions] Drupal cloan anybody?

Marc Worrell marc@REDACTED
Thu Feb 26 17:20:36 CET 2009

Hi Joe,

Right now we are building a quite complete content management system
in Erlang.
We took Nitrogen, ErlyDTL, Webmachine, Mochiweb, epgsql and some other
components and threw it into our kitchen machine.

To this we added a healthy dose of experience with building web based
information management systems.

Some background: we are (and were) the designers and maintainers of
the information management system anyMeta.  We ran into some problems
between php and what we like to do, so after a study of django, rails,
nitrogen and others we decided to create an erlang based system.

One of the maintainers of Drupal told me that anyMeta is what Drupal
wanted to be...

Our framework is still rough and unfinished, and we are a bit stressed
as our first customer site should go live within two weeks. (yes, we
are building for a commercial project, not because we just like to
spend time programming)

We will post more information when we have something that is stable
enough to be called a 0.1 :-)  That will be a bit after our deadline
because we need to do some refactoring after that release.

When we have some basis we would like to release it as open source and
see if there are other people who would like to join in.  Enough to do
to make it completer, and we will surely welcome some help.

And now, back to work...

- Marc