[erlang-questions] The Beauty of Erlang Syntax

Gordon Guthrie gordon@REDACTED
Wed Feb 25 20:07:53 CET 2009

Michael Richter wrote:

> Why do you think people stay away from functional programming languages in
> droves?

The most popular programming language in the world is the spreadsheet
- and it is a Functional Programming Language...

The correct way to frame that question is:
"given that non-functional programmers are such a tiny minority of the
worlds' programmers, how come they dominate the professional and
vocational sector of programmers so heavily?"

Gordon