[erlang-questions] Abstract patterns, structs and frames

Rob Charlton rob.charlton@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 21:37:39 CET 2009

Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> Actually, tags are _optional_ in the frames proposal.
> <Tag{ K1=E1, ..., Kn=En }>
> is allowed, and is equivalent to <{'' = Tag, K1=E1, ..., Kn=En }>

Do you envisage that frames could become a drop-in replacement for the
use of records in mnesia? Does that impact the need (or not) for a tag?
A lot of my record handling code is as a result of retrieving records
from tables. And indeed I just this second had to duplicate a function
that works across several tables which I could have written once if
based around frames or structs.

Cheers

--
Rob Charlton