[erlang-questions] Erlang VM segfault?

Richard Andrews bbmaj7@REDACTED
Mon Feb 23 23:58:28 CET 2009

----- Original Message ----
> My first thought was to watch the segfault with GDB to see if that
> illuminated anything. It didn't really. I've pasted the first 10
> frames for reference. I figured I might as well scroll down to the
> 58,214th frame, but at about 58,203 gdb segfaulted.

My first thought looking at this is that there is an infinite recursion in the C code. How else does one arrive at 58 thousand stack frames.

Your beam process probably ran out of stack. You could try something like ulimit -s to bump up the stack limit. But I think this is only pushing the problem sideways.

Perhaps there is non-tail-recursive erlang code in a processing loop.

*shrug*

      Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more