[erlang-questions] how message size effects performance

Cliff Moon cliff@REDACTED
Mon Feb 23 01:13:40 CET 2009

What about messages to other nodes?  Clearly that involves a copy since
it has to go across the wire, even if there are large binaries.  Some
people seem to think that the VM will block while the message is getting
sent.  So if you have a 20meg binary you want to send to another node
all in one Erlang message will that get split up?  Or does it block the
whole VM to send a message that large?