[erlang-questions] License Clarification about EUnit in OTP needed

Jan Lehnardt jan@REDACTED
Fri Feb 20 09:57:28 CET 2009

On 19 Feb 2009, at 22:40, Abhay Kumar wrote:

> i tried to bring this up a little while ago but haven't heard back
> about it yet (http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2008-December/040313.html
> ). That tweet from Mickaël is promising.

I've since talked to Richard C. and he confirmed my reading
of the signs that EUnit is shipped with OTP under LGPL.

> In the meantime you could also consider etap (http://github.com/ngerakines/etap
> ) which I believe is released under the MIT license.

We are indeed looking at etap, but we'd rather go for something
that we can rely on as part of the standard OTP distribution.

Cheers
Jan