[erlang-questions] beam process dies with SIGBUS

Richard Andrews bbmaj7@REDACTED
Tue Feb 17 11:59:30 CET 2009

> Does anyone have any experience of runtimes dying with code 135,
> meaning by signal 7 (SIGBUS) (i.e. Bus error (bad memory access)) on
> Linux?

Have you tried building OTP for i386?

IIRC x86_32 has no alignment restrictions meaning SIGBUS should not ever be generated on the architecture. But I read somewhere recently that SSE2 instructions and x86_64 do have alignment restrictions, hence the i386 suggestion above.

Could something be sending SIGBUS to beam?

Are you mixing 64-bit and 32-bit components?

      Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more