[erlang-questions] Is erlang a web language?

Tim Fletcher twoggle@REDACTED
Sun Feb 15 15:10:15 CET 2009

> Do you want software "early and buggy, badly documented" or
> "late and better documented, higher quality"
>
> I would welcome some feedback here

Is this the "70 module library"[1] that you have referred to before?

You're likely to be writing code that people want to use. Releasing it
earlier would provide an opportunity for feedback on the APIs, and get
you some help in finding/fixing some of those bugs.

In addition, i think an insight into where you are heading would be of
value, particularly if you are trying to develop tools, best
practices, and standards for meta data as you suggest in the
aforementioned discussion.

For me, this all outweighs any disadvantages of opening up early. I
would rather have something imperfect but that i could help improve.
If nothing else, sharing some more of your ideas/goals would be a good
place to start.

[1]: http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2008-November/039918.html