[erlang-questions] ERlang and DVB

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Tue Dec 29 11:36:32 CET 2009

2009/12/29, douchuan <do.chuan@REDACTED>:
> Interactive TV is becoming a importand field.
> Has Erlang set foot on the field?
>
> ITV or DVB Server Server mainly related issues:
> Collation of information, code/decode, transmission, server must be
> scalable.
> Ok, Erlang is good at code、decode

Why would you think that? I'm not sure about what kind of
coding/decoding is done in digital TV, but I guess it involves lots of
mathematical operations and this is not exactly the strong point of
Erlang (or generally interpreted languages). As far as I know, even
the AXD301 uses the linked-in (i.e. written in C) megaco_flex_scanner
for performance reasons - and that's just text parsing, no expensive
mathematical operations.