[erlang-questions] IDE Bashing (Was Re: [erlang-questions] "Erlang as a First Language" -- crazy? or just stupid?)

Vasilij Savin vasilij.savin@REDACTED
Mon Dec 28 06:20:15 CET 2009

Greetings,

Disclaimer: It feels like Art vs Craft/Engineering flame bait. My apologies,
if it was not the intention.

As long as Programming is art, I can agree that you do not need tools. But
that is only possible if one is developing small programmes in his leisure
time.

Once Programming is a craft or profession, you NEED Good tools, or you will
never get your job done. Building anything remotely complicated calls for
discipline and proper tools.

Building summerhouse can be done spontaneously and for fun. Building
cathedral is totally different matter.

Regards,
Vasilij Savin