[erlang-questions] Designing protocol library

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Wed Dec 23 19:42:45 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Rapsey <rapsey@REDACTED> wrote:
> Do you need such a deep API? RTMP is basically RPC + audio/video. So whoever
> uses it, that is what he will be doing.
> I would put RTMP in its own process, you send messages to it to call
> functions tho whomever you are communicating and the RTMP process sends you
> messages when the other side is calling you. Same thing with audio/video.

Why deep?

Two parts: active socket handler, that tracks state of channels and
send high level messages to consumer and
testable pure part, that decodes/encodes protocol.

I've implemented this refactoring and soon will release this library.