[erlang-questions] Erlide packageability (was Re: "Erlang as a First Language" -- crazy? or juststupid?)

Toby Thain toby@REDACTED
Tue Dec 22 08:05:39 CET 2009

On 22-Dec-09, at 12:46 AM, Michael Turner wrote:

>  "Eclipse as a First IDE" - pure madness? or just unadulterated
> idiocy?
>
> I actually wouldn't know, not having used it.  I just use vim.
> Because
> I am a caveman who eats his own head lice.

I use vi and Eclipse, the former usually for system admin and the
latter for coding (any language from Assembler to PHP). Eclipse can
present a reasonably simple face and GUI editors are going to be much
more familiar than vi keystrokes -- as you say, people get familiar
with things like Word.

Eclipse also has good VCS integration, if that's a factor.

--Toby