Erlang server and log rotating

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Mon Dec 21 17:09:30 CET 2009

Hi. As erlyvideo is growing (bwt, it has moved to repo
http://github.com/erlyvideo/erlyvideo and soon will work site
http://erlyvideo.org), I meet new problems:
logs and logrotating.

I've been using runit for some time and found it very convenient: no
need to daemonize program, its output is logged to some directory with
automatic logrotation.
It is very important issue: using runit, no need to setup logrotate
and restart program: runit logger will rotate logs itself.

I have not found, how to do it with erlang otp. How to rotate logs
per-size and delete old ones?

Second problem is, that I want to have not otp-style log, I need to
log in apache-style. What is good practice to have logger, separate
from error_logger?