[erlang-questions] OTP13B03 failed to make parallel on OS X 10.6 in 64-bit: ld: duplicate symbol _debug in debuglog.o and esock.o

Illo de' Illis erlang@REDACTED
Thu Dec 17 11:07:37 CET 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 5:12 AM, Ceriel Jacobs wrote:
> On 16 dec 2009, at 22:05 Illo de Illis wrote:
>> Try and edit files lib/ssl/c_src/debuglog.h and lib/ssl/esock_ssl.h and prepend an 'extern' to every definition in order to change them to declarations.
> That doesn't sound like a good idea to me:
> 1. I am not a C programmer, I don't know what a definition in C is; in other words I don't know what I am editing in such a header file
> 2. With me editing in my local files, will bring back these errors every new release

Looks like erlang developers are in the process of cleaning up the duplicate symbols for the next release, so I guess you won't have to do it again in R13B04.
I've attached a patch file that does the job.

Ciao,
Illo.