[erlang-questions] Rotating A List

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Wed Dec 16 02:43:31 CET 2009

I did.  The primary reason I didn't use it is because:

* I wanted to emphasize the functional nature of gen_server.
* I wanted to show how to use a raw list for this particular user.
* I wanted to show an example of using gen_server:reply/2.
* I wanted to have a simple example that showed the division between server implementation and API.
* It would have been slower.  Note that the queue:drop/1 is O(1) amortized because of the way it handles list:reverse/1.  Without using gen_server:reply/2 the way I did, the client could block on the reverse when it didn't really need to do so.

Queue would have been slightly easier, but it wouldn't have been nearly as instructive.  :)

--
Jayson Vantuyl
kagato@REDACTED