[erlang-questions] clarify: Is it a good idea to use xmerl_xml?

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Tue Dec 15 12:44:54 CET 2009

Hi Bengt,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Bengt Kleberg
<bengt.kleberg@REDACTED>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Can/Should I use xmerl_xml when building a simple XML document?
>
> When looking at the documentation for XMERL the module xmerl_xml is not
> mentioned. However, it does appear to be quite helpful when starting out
> with simple XML exports. See this link for an example:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1227241/building-an-xmerl-document-in-erlang
>

> bengt

I use xmerl:export_simple([My_Tree], xmerl_xml) as well as
xmerl:export_simple([My_Tree], xmerl_xml, [{prolog, [My_Prolog_String]}]) in
production code.

It is documented as part of the xmerl user guide in section 1.5 Example:
Create XML Out Of Arbitrary Data (at least in R12B, haven't yet managed to
upgrade to R13 yet).

Robby