[erlang-questions] Preventing calling some functions

Zoltan Lajos Kis kiszl@REDACTED
Sun Dec 13 16:09:21 CET 2009

Hi,

It seems we were talking about different stories then :). I thought you
meant a server that is to be run by anybody and third-party plugins that
can be run along. For example Apache http server and the mod_rewrite
"plugin".

Facebook is of course a completely different story. Here you are mixing
your own code with others' code. I believe in this case the question of
trust I raised quite applies. At least I suppose you have more
confidence in your "Facebook" server than in the third party applications.

In such a case your best bet is to define a communication channel
between your server and external applications, and have the apps run
separated from your main server. For example I think you have to run
your Facebook application on your own machine, while it can communicate
with Facebook over HTTP only.

People experienced in the Java (EE?) way of doing this might have other
ideas as well ...

Regards,
Zoltan.