[erlang-questions] NIF vs. Linked-in Drivers

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Dec 8 21:15:18 CET 2009

Max Lapshin wrote:
> In my linked-in driver fork of sqlite3 driver, NIF function is
> absolutely unusable, because sqlite3 library will block calling
> process,
> thus all functions are executed in async thread.
>
> But linked-in driver is harder to implement.

If you have a limited number of instances of a blocking
NIF, you could add that number of extra schedulers to
the system when you start Erlang. Not sure if that would
have any particular bad side-effects... perhaps the VM
experts know?

BR,
Ulf W
--