[erlang-questions] massive distribution

Peter Sabaini peter@REDACTED
Tue Dec 1 15:22:06 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 09:08 -0500, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
> Fully connected meshes suck for large numbers of nodes. Erlang provides a number of
> knobs to control how a cluster is stitched together such as "-connect_all false"
> and "-hidden".

Which would entail keeping track of connected nodes and connection
establishment/teardown, correct?

> Also, tuning the net tick time (see man 3 net_kernel and man 6 kernel) can be helpful
> in keeping a large cluster running.

I fiddled around with those a bit. I don't have the exact values at
hand, but I set net_ticktime to rather large values, something like
300s, without substantial improvements in the number of nodes able to
keep a stable connection.

peter.