[erlang-questions] Controlled interaction of two erlang distributed networks

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Aug 26 18:28:16 CEST 2009

> (And using inet_ssl_dist is actually *incomplete* for encrypting all
> necessary traffics, because it does not encrypt empd traffic at all.)

Why do you think it is important to encrypt the epmd traffic?
Is there really any sensitive information exchanged there?
It is really very little data with low frequency exchanged between epmd
and the nodes. It is actually in practice only used during
establishment of a new connection to an Erlang node.

I am not saying that the Erlang distribution is perfect for the use
over global internet but
is really epmd a problem?

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP Ericsson