[erlang-questions] Opening "Special" Files

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Wed Aug 26 03:30:22 CEST 2009

Isn't this prevented by the asynchronous I/O threading stuff (erl +A
NNN)?  I'm unsure why a block device would be that different than a
file in that case.  Both create a potentially random seek and both
mitigate this with cache.

--
Jayson Vantuyl
kagato@REDACTED