[erlang-questions] troubleshooting systools:make_tar

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Aug 19 14:21:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED> wrote:

> What is causing this and wow do I fix it?
>
>        Thanks, Joel
>
> ---
>
> (janus@REDACTED)3> systools:make_tar("start_janus").
> {{case_clause,
>     {'EXIT',
>         {function_clause,
>             [{filename,join,[[]]},
>              {systools_make,add_appl,7},
>              {systools_make,'-add_applications/5-fun-0-',6},
>              {lists,foldl,3},
>              {systools_make,add_applications,5},
>              {systools_make,mk_tar,6},
>              {systools_make,mk_tar,5},
>              {systools_make,make_tar,2}]}}},
>  [{systools_make,'-add_applications/5-fun-0-',6},
>  {lists,foldl,3},
>  {systools_make,add_applications,5},
>  {systools_make,mk_tar,6},
>  {systools_make,mk_tar,5},
>  {systools_make,make_tar,2},
>  {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
>  {shell,exprs,6}]}
> error

Weird. I can't really see how systools_make:add_appl/7 could end up calling
filename:join with an empty list as an argument.

But saying that, what does your start_janus.rel file actually look like? Are
you using the recommended directory structures, i.e., module dirs with ebin,
src, etc. subdirs?

Robby