[erlang-questions] Which distributed key-value storage do you use?

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Aug 13 01:50:42 CEST 2009

Kunthar wrote:

> Thanks to Basho guys and all others that they can see the the real
> world and they provide a real solutions.
> dets is not efficient for some problem domains, for example if you
> need to store 2GB/sec data, you're simply dead.
> I really would like to see someone could organise this silly Ericcson
> open source soap and create high traffic open source environment.

You are of course free to move to any other solution, or
interface with any other database out there.

Mnesia may not meet your needs, but seeing as you don't
have to pay a dime for it, and Ericsson does not force you
to use it, I fail to see how this should inconvenience you
much.

The basho guys, the Dukes of Erl, et al, do marvellous work,
but focus on the stuff they need, just like Ericsson does.
That's a good strategy if you want to stay in business...

The wonderful thing about Open Source is that they let you share
the fruits of their labour (and expenses!). If it does what you
need, great. Otherwise, you are free to search for some other
community that offers you better components for free, or perhaps
even spend some money on some of the many commercially available
components out there. You can even do all of the above at the
same time.

BR,
Ulf W
--