Erlang documentation cleanup (PREV: R13B01 modules, quick reference)

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Tue Aug 11 08:31:11 CEST 2009

This brings up a subject I've been meaning to bring up for a while. The
online documentation needs modernisation... A few things that come to
mind are:

* Proper documentation search (please don't insult this by saying
Google... that's just stupid)
* Function overview in each module
* Module summary on the modules page (and categorized) much like
http://docs.python.org/3.1/library/index.html
* Add anchors to the HTML so that a link can go straight to a function
* Make HTML XHTML
* More visually appealing. Probably this won't go very well with
old-timers but frankly I have spoken to beginners in Erlang that say
that when looking at the documentation it looks like something created
20 years ago and it doesn't look very... well... "appealing". The fact
they are right about the age is not the point now is it ;) ?

Probably many more issues exist.... just saying.

/Mazen