[erlang-questions] two gen_udp questions

Kaiduan Xie kaiduanx@REDACTED
Sat Aug 8 19:31:31 CEST 2009

Micha,

Yes, gen_server can receive udp message.

1. Open the socket in the init function of gen_server.
    init() ->
    gen_udp:open().

2. The incoming message will be handled in handle_info().

handle_info({udp, Socket, IPtuple, InPortNo, Packet}, State) ->

3. Either way will work.

Thanks,

kaiduan