SMP support in OpenBSD

Nikolay Epifanov nik.epifanov@REDACTED
Fri Aug 7 21:20:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

I couldn't find any clear answer to whether Erlang supports SMP in OpenBSD
or not.
On starting it prints:

$ erl
Erlang R13B01 (erts-5.7.2) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [rq:4]
[async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.2  (abort with ^G)
1>

But when I run test program only one beam.smp is started and maximum cpu
load I can get is 100% total. It can be as a sum of load of 2 cores (for
example 72% on one of them and 28% on the other) or 100% on a one core only
leaving 3 other idle. Load jumps from on core to another but in total it
keeps under 100%. Running erl with "-smp enable" and/or various "+S" didn't
change anything.

Is SMP supported in OpenBSD? And if not: is it planned to implement it?