ssl_esock spinning out of control in poll()

Richard Andrews bflatmaj7th@REDACTED
Wed Aug 5 03:38:01 CEST 2009

I have a problem with ssl_esock in R12B4 (Linux 32 bit). Symptoms:
 1. esock consumes 100% CPU usage
 2. poll() spinning constantly with events=POLLIN|POLLRDNORM,
revents=POLLIN|POLLRDNORM for the affected SSL fd
 3. No other syscalls between polls in strace
 4. netstat shows the TCP Rx queue growing for the socket
 5. No data messages received at the socket owning erlang process
(corollary of 3.)

I don't yet have a test case to trigger it but it seems to occur after
the remote SSL peer sends a moderate sized block of data (eg. 2kB).

Google didn't turn up anything that looked like what I'm seeing and I
can't find anything in mor recent OTP changelogs. Does anyone know of
this bug and if there is a patch anywhere?

--
  Rich