[erlang-questions] include_lib and archives?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Tue Aug 4 18:58:38 CEST 2009

Keith (or anybody else),

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Keith Irwin<keith.irwin@REDACTED> wrote:
> The problem is that I can't use header files located inside the *.ez file.
> With:
>   -include_lib("mylib/include/whatever.hrl").
> the compiler can't find the file, even if the *.ez is on the code path.
> Am I doing something wrong here, or is it by design that header files must
> reside OUTSIDE the compressed archive?

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I'm trying to package a common library that contains a few header definitions.

Whenever I set the ERL_LIBS variable to point at the directory
containing the .ez archive, erlc will only locate the header files if
I unpack the archive.

I'd like to be able to redistribute this common library and have
people compile without having to unpack the archive.

TIA,

Ben