[erlang-questions] Stuff that breaks when you move it

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Tue Aug 4 14:07:05 CEST 2009

Wow - your read me correctly - amazing stuff. This is really itching
my programmers nerve.

So in Erlang we have dets files (containers) - a web server is trivial
- diffing is easy -
compression is easy - crypto is easy. Files are named by their SHA1 checksum and
signed with an RSA key - trees are named by SHA1 of term_to_binary(Tree) etc.

Embedding everything into a single file and signing all the trees
seems to be like
some kind of munge of the ideas in GIT and zip. This (fossil) stuff
looks well worth
studying - reading the Fossil documentation rings all the right bells - thanks
for the link.

/Joe