[erlang-questions] Stuff that breaks when you move it

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Mon Aug 3 19:58:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Masklinn<masklinn@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 3 Aug 2009, at 15:04 , Joe Armstrong wrote:
>>
>> Type B includes:
>>    Erlang, HTML files, DRM protected files, erlang beam files, ...
>>
> I'm pretty sure HTML files do *not* break when you move them.
>
> They might lose their references to CSS, JS or image files linked stupidly
> (e.g. absolutely) but the HTML will always work. Now whether the HTML was
> correctly authored is another can o' worms.

I consider them broken in the sense that they will not display the same
thing if moved - I'm comparing them with PDF files which do  not break
when moved. Now you can embed js, css and even jpgs into the html
so that they do work if moved but nobody does this.

/Joe