[erlang-questions] listen() backlog limited to 16 bits?

Matthew Dempsky matthew@REDACTED
Tue Apr 28 00:53:56 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Steven Grady <sgrady@REDACTED> wrote:
> As Erlang starts to reside in the world of massively-scaled web
> servers, 16 bits seems to be unnecessary and ill-chosen limitation.
> Is there any plan to fix this?

Not arguing against bumping it to 32-bits, but do you actually have
servers that need to handle more than 65000 yet-unaccepted TCP
connections?  I would expect that if your server regularly has
thousands of queued TCP connections, that it's way overloaded anyway.