[erlang-questions] why prefixing module name with '.' works?

Davide Marquês nesrait@REDACTED
Sun Apr 26 03:18:20 CEST 2009

Hi Zvi!

Your guess was right:
http://erlang.org/doc/man/packages.html

If you are thinking about using packages keep in mind the warning from
the documentation:
> Packages has since it was introduced more than 5 years ago been an experimental feature. Use it at your own risk, we do not actively maintain and develop this feature. It might however be supported some day.
> In spite of this packages work quite well, but there are some known issues in tools and other parts where packages don't work well.

Packages are cool :) for preventing code clashes but relying on then
too much will get you to the "known issues" bit.
A while back I used then to run various (erlyweb) webapps under the
same webserver but it took some big chances to erlyweb itself.

P.S. - One issue I did spot in the wild is/was that
code:where_is_file/1 wasn't ready to lookup in subdirectories or use
relative paths to find "packaged" beam files.

Cheers,
Davide :)