[erlang-questions] About erlang:statistics/1 and timeout values

Ulf Wiger <>
Thu Apr 23 14:04:54 CEST 2009

mats cronqvist wrote:
> Oscar Hellström <> writes:
>> Hi,
>> I was looking at statistics in the erlang module and found that
>> statistics(runtime) and statistics(wall_clock) returns something called
>> Time_Sinse_Last_Call. I assume that this is "since last call by the
>> calling process" and not a globally kept value.
>   AFAIK, time since last call is per emulator, not per process. Thus,
>   it is worse than useless.

The relevant functions are elapsed_time_both(), and
wall_clock_elapsed_time_both() in erts/emulator/beam/erl_time_sup.c

...and Mats is right.

Ulf W
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd