[erlang-questions] Problems with Mnesia and failure situations

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Wed Apr 22 17:56:05 CEST 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Teemu Antti-Poika wrote:

> Apparently mnesia timing out on node A when I unplug/shutdown node B
> is a necessary evil?

What is timing out? Mnesia on node A should just reconfigure itself
and recover those transactions that involved node B.

> Since my process controlling the mnesia bound data is timing out on
> remote communications, it cannot react to orders to dump tables on
> disk. Eventually it is forcefully shut down by the supervisor, causing
> RAM-resident data be lost, I think?

Why do you dump the tables manually, instead of using disc_copies?
If you use disc_copies, Mnesia will keep the table updated on disk for you.

/Håkan