[erlang-questions] fread() for numbers - beginner question

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Tue Apr 21 16:37:49 CEST 2009

How about using the tokeniser that Erlang uses?

   > erl_scan:string("pi,is,3.14159,\"strings\",1e10,1234").

 {ok,[{atom,1,pi},
     {',',1},
     {atom,1,is},
     {',',1},
     {float,1,3.14159},
     {',',1},
     {string,1,"strings"},
     {',',1},
     {integer,1,1},
     {atom,1,e10},
     {',',1},
     {integer,1,1234}],
    1}

> {ok, [{float,_,F}], _} = erl_scan:string("3.14159").
{ok,[{float,1,3.14159}],1}
> F.
3.14159

etc.