[erlang-questions] Using sigwait in linked driver causes erl_ddll:load to return {error, {open_error, -10}}

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Sun Apr 19 17:03:56 CEST 2009

It is true that Erlang emulator doesn't have a good way of dealing with
sub-millisecond timers.  I think Ulf Wigger touched on this topic in the
list some time back.

If you happen to be using a linux kernel 2.6.22 or later you can use a
more fancy timer mechanism via timerfd syscall.  This can create a timer
file descriptor that you can register with the emulator via
driver_select call.  This timer will have microsecond precision.

Serge