[erlang-questions] using edoc programatically

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu Apr 16 13:09:32 CEST 2009

Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> edoc can't be used programatically, it does its magic and just crashes
> if something is wrong. It would be much more useful (at least for us,
> tool builders :-) if it would have an API much more like the compiler:
> in case of errors/warnings, return them in a list.
> Also, it should not stop on the first error, but continue at least
> with the other files in the processing queue, so that one can catch as
> many problems as possible with each run.
>
> I was planning to make a private copy of edoc and try to hack it
> together according to these wishes, but thought that maybe Richard C.
> has a slow day and might lend a hand :-)  From browsing the code, it
> seems there's quite a bit to rewrite...

Hi Vlad. Yes, I know about these problems with the current behaviour.
Sadly, I've had little time to do any serious work on edoc. But this
thing might not be all that huge, if you feel like trying to hack it.

    /Richard