[erlang-questions] State of the Union: FFI

Franco Milicchio <>
Wed Apr 8 19:21:29 CEST 2009

I have started porting the patch to R13A, although I can't say if it
really works: it doesn't compile! Makefile error, not a C one :)

You may find the source code at: http://plm.dia.uniroma3.it/milicchio/public/otp_src_R13A-ffi.zip
  (62 MB)

I have no time left today, but if we all start figuring out what's
wrong with it, we may end up having the FFI working on this new
release. I have marked the C code with comments (/* FFI START */ and /
* FFI END */) where I had doubts about applying Alceste's patch, so it
should be easy to spot them.

By the way, no news about the reason FFI hasn't been taken into
account yet?

Franco Milicchio <>

DIA - Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
University Roma Tre