[erlang-questions] tcp_send_error

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Wed Apr 8 13:03:39 CEST 2009

I am looking at the source for inet_drv.c in 12B4. In the tcp_send_error()
function it says

	 * Note: The following message might get lost, in case the error
	 * occurred when we tried to write taken from the queue (no caller).

Can the message really get lost and under what circumstances?

In the kernel application prim_inet:send() the code waits indefinitely for a
response from the driver. If it can get lost then it looks like a send() can
block forever. I've got a case where high traffic over a very slow link
appears to result in prim_inet:send() getting stuck.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.