[erlang-questions] checksum calculation

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Mon Apr 6 01:05:44 CEST 2009

Is this what you had in mind? (NB: typed directly into email and is
unchecked).

checksum(B) when is_binary(B) ->
     checksum(B, 0).

checksum(<<>>, Csum) ->             %% this is the terminating case
  Csum;
checksum(<<N, Rest>>, Csum) ->  %% this is the general cas eyou already had
  checksum(Rest, Csum bxor N).

Hope that helps.

Jeff.