[erlang-questions] Storing funs in term files

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sun Apr 5 13:07:16 CEST 2009

Hi Ulf,

Matthew's answer (file:script) did actually cope with the current
situation.

I would definitely be interested in seeing the code you wrote as it may
inspire other approaches to the problem, which is, specifically, a
protocol converter that uses declarative forms/formats. I needed to read
in simple funs that apply simple transformations on particular elements
to "tuple-ize" the input

e.g. fun([X, Y]) -> { list_to_atom(X), Y } end.

Of course, there is a strong argument to be made that I should be using
leex/yecc for this, but... well, maybe when I put the converter up onto
github it will be clear why I haven't!

At the very least your module sounds very interesting from a
learning/inspiration perspective!

Best regards,
Steve