[erlang-questions] gen-event

Ahmed Ali ahmed.nawras@REDACTED
Fri Apr 3 22:38:31 CEST 2009

I think gen_event is useful when you need multiple handlers for
messages. Think of it as publish/subscribe pattern in other languages
where gen_event handlers are basically subscribers.

The classical example is a logger, error_logger being the erlang/OTP
implementation. The same is used with log4erl.

Regards,

Ahmed