[erlang-questions] IPC bus for Erlang?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu Apr 2 14:06:25 CEST 2009

Hi Camille,

I've been working on a library that does much of what you describe. It
wraps for the cross-platform GUI library 'wx' that appeared in R13A
release of Erlang/OTP.

This interface runs the UI as a separate process (a gen_server), it
allows you to specify the application GUI in XML which makes it very
easy to design/modify/update. It allows you to pass in a callback
module to use for the UI issued commands. So it's pretty close to your
design target.

The problem is that I only started development of this library less
than a month ago, it's as yet unfinished, and as yet badly documented
as it's a work in rapid progress.

However you may wish to keep an eye on:

http://github.com/komone/gx

I'm hoping to have a documented and tagged stable release of this
within a month (to coincide with the stable release of Erlang/OTP R13B
from Ericsson).

Regards,
Steve