[erlang-questions] Millions of processes?

David Lloyd lloy0076@REDACTED
Mon Sep 29 04:45:26 CEST 2008

Errr,

YourSurrogateGod wrote:
> This is somewhat off-topic, but I didn't know that there is a 64-bit
> erlang VM. How is it different than the 32-bit one? Also, how can I
> find out which one I'm running?

One takes advantage of a 32 bit architecture and the other of a 64 bit
architecture...and some of the standard library understands the difference.

For example, I understand that "ets" understand the 64 bit architecture
and can take advantage of huge tables whereas "dets" is still 32 bit
specific.

There'd be other differences, too, I suppose.

DSL