[erlang-questions] Erlang Oracle ODBC connectivity question.

Dana.RUBINO@REDACTED Dana.RUBINO@REDACTED
Mon Sep 29 13:15:11 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Now that I have Mnesia up and running well (thanks to everyone who helped out!) I am now trying to connect to an Oracle database.

Working through the getting started guide on erlang.org for the odbc module.

Problem is I fall over when trying to connect to the DB. I have created the ODBC connection in Windows and have tested it (so that's not an issue).

When however I try to make the connection via the Erlang shell I get the following:

Eshell V5.6.3  (abort with ^G)
1> odbc:start().
ok
2> {ok, Ref} = odbc:connect("DSN=HWHU;UID=auser;PWD=apwd", []).
** exception error: no match of right hand side value {error, "No SQL-driver information available. Connection to database failed."}

Do I somehow have to point it to my installed ODBC driver as well?

Has anyone come across this before?

Also is there perhaps another way of accessing an Oracle DB in Erlang? (I don't need to use ODBC)

Many Thanks,
Dan

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
www.rbs.com
www.rbs.com/gbm
www.rbsgc.com